DAVID WEIDMAYER, CFP®
With more than 20 years of experience in financial services, I am dedicated to helping individuals, families, and business owners meet their financial needs by developing investment plans around their long-term goals and risk tolerance. My extensive experience—throughout major shifts in the markets—enables me to help my clients structure portfolios to address their specific financial goals.
I began my financial services career as a financial consultant with Merrill Lynch in 1994. Now, just a little more than 20 years later, I have my own firm, Weidmayer Wealth Solutions. I earned a bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and attended the Executive Education Leadership Training Course at the Wharton School of Business in 2005. I completed my CFP® certification in 2012. Today, I specialize in tactical and strategic asset and liability management.
My wife, Kendra, and I enjoy sports, culinary functions, and the arts. We both grew up in rural communities and enjoy supporting 4H and various charities.
- 2014–present: Weidmayer Wealth Solutions
- 2005–2014: Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC, financial advisor
- 1994–2005: Merrill Lynch, financial advisor
- 1992–1994: Kraft General Foods, account representative
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor's, Michigan State University
- Executive Education in Leadership, Wharton School of Business
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
Areas of Focus
- Business services
- Education funding and 529 plans
- Estate planning strategies
- IRAs and IRA rollovers
- Debt management and reduction strategies
- Retirement planning
- Program chair, board of directors for Financial Planning Association of Indiana
- Previously on the board of directors of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic
- Indianapolis Financial Planning Day volunteer
- Indianapolis 500 Festival volunteer